Plans are coming together for HAS 2018 at Washington University in St. Louis.
- Dr. May Berenbaum, Entomology department head at the University of Illinois Champaign-Urbana, whose research focuses on the chemical interactions between herbivorous insects and their host-plants.
- Dr. Marla Spivak, a MacArthur Fellow at University of Minnesota’s Bee Lab.
- University of Minnesota Bee Squad, a beekeeping instructional and public outreach program to encourage collaboration and public education about bees.
- Dr. Keith Delaplane, director of the University of Georgia Honey Bee Program.
- Jennifer Berry, University of Georgia Honey Bee program lab manager.
- Dr. Dennis vanEngelsdorp, University of Maryland Honeybee Lab, who directs the Bee Informed Partnership, the Tech Transfer Program and the annual national beekeeping management surveys.
- Samuel Ramsey, University of Maryland PhD candidate and researcher.
Additional HAS 2018 speakers, in alphabetical order:
- Pete Berthelsen, Bee & Butterfly Habitat Fund Partnership Coordinator, President
Conservation Blueprint LLC and wildlife biologist.
- Dr. Dewey Caron, Emeritus Professor of Entomology & Wildlife Ecology, University of
Delaware, and Affiliate Professor, Dept. Horticulture Oregon State University
- Phil Craft, retired KY state apiarist (from 1999 through 2011.) He is a past president
and past chairman of the Heartland Apicultural Society, past program chairman of
Eastern Apicultural Society and past president of the Apiary Inspectors of
- Krispn Given, Purdue University Department of Entomology Apiculture Specialist, Vice
President Indiana Urban Pollination Project. Vice President. Heartland Honey Bee
- Dr. Jeff Harris, Extension/Research Apiculturist at Mississippi State University.
- Ana Heck, University of Minnesota Bee Squad bee lab Program Manager.
- Dr. Tammy Horn Potter, KY State Apiarist and author “Bees in America: How the
Honeybee Shaped a Nation”, a compilation and study of fact, folklore and history
of the honey bee.
- Dr. Greg Hunt is Emeritus Professor of Entomology Purdue University and Trustee for
the Foundation for the Preservation of the Honey Bee.
- Bridget Mendel Lee, University of Minnesota Bee Squad Project Coordinator and Grant
- Martin Marklin, Hand-carved Liturgical candle maker and beekeeper from Contoocook, New Hampshire, Marklin took up beekeeping as a sideline to his main candle business.
- Becky Masterman, University of Minnesota Bee Squad Associate Director.
- Dr. Jim Tew, Beekeeping Specialist for the Alabama Cooperative Extension System,
Auburn University and Emeritus Professor, The Ohio State University.
- Jenny Warner, a founding member of the UMN Bee Squad.
- Dr. Tom Webster, Apiculture Extension Specialist and Adjunct Faculty, Kentucky State
- Kent Williams, past president Eastern Apicultural Society (EAS), EAS master beekeeper
maintaining apiaries in KY and southern Mississippi.
- and more…